You can do it! Teach Yourself Haitian Creole by Yeral E. Ogando is a 10-step book teaching the language of Haitian Creole. Yeral begins by encouraging the students to study just 20 minutes a day. Giving a broad vocabulary and the verb tenses, in this way, the short term studying will accumulate to practice that is made perfect everyday.
Title: Teach Yourself Haitian Creole
By: Yeral E. Ogando
CBM Christian Book Reviews
10.0 out of 10.0 stars
The first chapter is designed to learn the Creole alphabet, how to read Creole in any text and how to say good morning. Step-by-step the author encourages learning vocabulary and the practice of speaking with a person whose native tongue is Creole to further learning the language. With plenty of symbols, art and graphs, the author has made this a self-explanatory book that teaches the basis of the Haitian Creole language. Each part builds upon another. This is a fun and fast way to teaching oneself this language.
With such chapters as
- Bonjou - Good Morning,
- Kouman Ou Ye – How are You,
- Mwen Konprann Kreyol –I Understand Creole,
- Nan Biwo-At the Office,
- Nan Lopital – At the Hospital,
- Vwayaj Pou Ayiti – Trip to Haiti,
- Nan Otel La – At the Hotel,
- Nan Restoran – At the Restaurant,
- Twa Komante Yo – Three Comments,
- Kat Atik Espesyal Yo – Four Special Articles, Answers, Glossary and an added Bonus Page, the author presents different scenarios to communicating with the language, such as asking how are you and if one were to go to the hospital, a hotel or restaurant, etc.
This is an exciting, but very practical way to learn the language. Highly recommended as a study-guide to those that are new to the language as this is an easy and fast-paced way to learn the tenses and vocabulary of the language. The author has done an excellent job with this book.
Offering a MP3 Audio download (from the back bonus page) the author has made learning the Haitian Creole language even easier.